Looking for volunteers!
Post Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2014
When my colleagues on City Council and I make decisions, we look for guidance from our Boards, Commission and Committees (BCCs). And we now have some openings that need volunteers.
The citizens who volunteer on these BCCs bring important expertise and perspective that we is invaluable for us here at City Hall.
We are currently recruiting volunteers to serve on the various BCCs. Here are just a few that need filling:
- Audit Committee - Contribute to overseeing financial matters at The City and provide input into the decision making process at City Council.
- eGovernment Strategy Advisory Committee - Monitor and guide the overall vision, strategy, and program plan for eGovernment at the City of Calgary.
- Heritage Authority - Provide advice to City Council on all matters related to historic resources in the City, including the restoration, alteration, and demolition of sites in The City’s heritage inventory.
- Saddledome Foundation - Contribute to the operation of the Scotiabank Saddledome for the benefit of amateur athletics, hockey development, and research.
- Public Art Board - Promote awareness of art in The City and act as a resource to City Council on all public art matters.
- Aboriginal Urban Affairs Committee - Represent the concerns of Aboriginal Calgarians to City Council. Investigate areas of concern to people of Aboriginal ancestry and make recommendations on policies and resolutions that would give urban Aboriginal people a more meaningful role within the Calgary community.
The deadline for applications is 4:30 p.m., Friday, September 19, 2014. I look forward to having you help us make important decisions that affect all our fellow citizens.
- Mayor Naheed Nenshi